Foreigners who are short-term visitors (including business and official travellers) travelling from one of the following countries/regions may seek entry into Singapore by applying for an Air Travel Pass (ATP):
- Brunei Darussalam
- Mainland China
- New Zealand
Singapore Citizens (SC), Permanent Residents (PR), and Long-Term Pass holders can travel via the Returning SC/PRs lane, Work Pass Holder General Lane or Student’s Pass Holder Lane. These travellers are not required to apply for an ATP to travel to Singapore.
2. Submit Applications for Air Travel Pass and Visa
|Between 7 and 30 calendar days before intended date of entry into Singapore
|Submit Air Travel Pass application
||Foreigners, who are short-term visitors, may apply for an ATP for entry into Singapore at no charge here. Applications must be made between 7 and 30 calendar days prior to the visitor’s intended date of entry into Singapore. When an ATP application is approved, an approval letter will be sent to the applicant via email. The ATP is valid for single entry into Singapore anytime from the visitor’s intended date of entry and up to 7 calendar days after.
Visitors must comply with the Conditions of the Air Travel Pass, and the prevailing immigration requirements of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for their entry and stay in Singapore. Visitors who do not meet the Air Travel Pass conditions may be refused entry into Singapore and/or have their Air Travel Pass cancelled. In such an event, visitors may also be liable for the cost of their repatriation, including custody and maintenance pending repatriation. In addition, their future Air Travel Pass applications may also be rejected.
Personal data will be collected for Air Travel Pass applications. Please click here to view the Privacy Statement.
For enquiries, please click here or call the SafeTravel Enquiries helpline at 6812 5555.
Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the relevant authorities in Singapore may, at their own discretion, introduce new measures or requirements to safeguard public health. This may include changes to the conditions or cancellation of the Air Travel Pass at short notice. Visitors will be notified of changes to the conditions or cancellation of their Air Travel Passes.
|After Air Travel Pass has been approved
|Submit visa application (if required)
|| Visitors, who require a visa for travel to Singapore, must separately obtain a valid visa after receiving their Air Travel Pass approval and before departing for Singapore. Such visitors are encouraged to apply for their Air Travel Pass early. Information on visa requirements and application can be found here.
- If visitors have already been issued with a visa that is still valid or if they are eligible for the visa-free transit facility, they need not apply for a visa. They can check their visa status here.
3. Pre-Departure to Singapore
|Prior to departing for Singapore, visitors holding an ATP must:
- Remain in their declared point of departure in the last 21 consecutive days before departing for Singapore
- Monitor their health status before departure; Visitors should not travel to Singapore if they:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19;
- Are diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19 infection in the last 21 days before departing for Singapore; or
- Had close contact with any person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days before departing for Singapore. Close contact means:
- Providing care for a COVID-19 patient, including in healthcare or family/social setting;
- Staying in the same place as a person with COVID-19 (e.g. household members); or
- Close (i.e. less than 2 metres) and prolonged contact (15 minutes or more) with a person with COVID-19 (e.g. shared a meal).
|Mandatory COVID-19 Travel Insurance
- Purchase travel insurance, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs.
- Prepare an electronic or physical copy of their insurance policy to bring with them to facilitate their entry into Singapore.
Note: Travel insurance products which meet the minimum coverage will be eligible. These include products offered by Singapore- and overseas-based insurers for visitors entering Singapore. Click here for a list of products offered by Singapore-based insurers.
|SG Arrival Card
- Submit their health, travel history, and accommodation declarations electronically via the SG Arrival Card e-service here, no earlier than 3 days prior to their date of arrival in Singapore
|Non-Residential accommodation and individual room with attached toilet
- Book an accommodation in Singapore to serve out their isolation period for 1–2 days while waiting for their on-arrival COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result (the accommodation must be non-residential and an individual room with an attached toilet);
Note: Visitors may refer to the Singapore Hotel Association (SHA) website for a list of hotels currently accepting visitors travelling to Singapore under the Air Travel Pass. The list is non-exhaustive and visitors may book other available accommodations as long as these are non-residential and individual rooms with an attached toilet.
- Check that their mobile device is compatible1 with the TraceTogether app, download it on their mobile device, and register their mobile number and profile on the app. Visitors must register their profile on the app with the same identification number, nationality and date of birth as those shown in the passport that they are using to enter Singapore. A TraceTogether App setup guide for travellers can be found here.
Note: The following groups are not required to download the TraceTogether app:
- Children aged 12 years old or younger in that calendar year and travelling with a parent or guardian
- Those unable to use a mobile device due to a certified disability and/or special need
|Registration and payment of on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test
- Visitors should also register and make payment for their on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test prior to departing for Singapore.
Note: Children aged 6 years old or younger in that calendar year are not required to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test at the airport upon arrival in Singapore.
|Day of Departure to Singapore
|Check-in at departure airport
|| When checking in at the departure airport, visitors must present to the airline staff:
- a valid ATP approval letter (electronic or physical copy) for the specified period of entry into Singapore;
- a valid visa (for visa-required visitors); and
- a mobile device with the TraceTogether app already downloaded and with their profiles registered on the app.
Visitors who do not have any of the above may be refused entry into Singapore by ICA.
4. Arrival in Singapore
|Day of arrival in Singapore
|Upon arrival in Changi Airport
||Visitors should complete all procurement of goods and services in the transit area of the airport, prior to clearing arrival immigration. This is because visitors are required to leave the airport immediately after their on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test, to isolate in their declared accommodation until the test result is confirmed to be negative. Please see the section on "Transport from airport to accommodation" below.
||At arrival immigration in Singapore, the visitor must present to the ICA officer:
A visitor who does not have any of the above may be refused entry into Singapore by ICA.
- a valid Air Travel Pass approval letter (electronic or physical copy) for the specified period of entry into Singapore;
- a valid visa (for visa-required passport holders); and
- an electronic or physical copy of your travel insurance policy, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs; and
- a mobile device with the TraceTogether app downloaded and with their profile registered on the app.*
*If visitors have downloaded the TraceTogether app on or after 1 Feb 2021, they must click on the ‘ACTIVATE APP’ button on their TraceTogether app holding screen immediately after they have cleared arrival immigration in Singapore and follow the instructions to activate the app.
|Transport from airport to accommodation
||Visitors, who are holding an ATP, will undergo a COVID-19 PCR test at the airport upon arrival in Singapore. After undergoing the test, visitors must immediately take private transportation, taxi, or private hire car to travel from the airport to their declared accommodation (which must be non-residential and an individual room with attached toilet) and remain in isolation at that accommodation until they are notified that their test result is negative. Visitors shall also bear any transportation and accommodation costs incurred.
Visitors are not permitted to enter any retail or food & beverage establishments, or procure any goods and services at the airport, including Jewel Changi Airport. The only exceptions are for:
- procurement of goods and services in the airport transit area, before arrival immigration; and
- accommodation bookings at YotelAir Singapore Changi Airport, for which the visitors are required to proceed immediately and directly to YotelAir after their COVID-19 PCR test.
|Self-isolation and notification of on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test results
||Visitors are not permitted to enter any retail food & beverage establishments, or procure any goods and services at the airport, including Jewel Changi Airport. The only exception is for the procurement of goods and services in the airport transit area, before arrival immigration.
The results of the on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test will be out within 48 hours. Once visitors have been notified that they have tested negative for COVID-19, they can leave their declared accommodation and go about their activities in Singapore.
Visitors are responsible for their medical bills should they require medical treatment for COVID-19 while in Singapore.
5. During and After Stay in Singapore
|During stay in Singapore and up to 14 days after departure from Singapore
|Adhere to prevailing public health measures in Singapore
||During their stay in Singapore, visitors must adhere to the prevailing public health measures during their stay in Singapore, which include wearing of masks and safe distancing.
|Activation and retention of TraceTogether app
||To facilitate contact tracing, visitors must keep the TraceTogether app activated on their mobile devices while in Singapore. Visitors are also required to retain the TraceTogether app with the data for 14 consecutive days after leaving Singapore. A visitor must upload all data in the TraceTogether app upon request by the Singapore Ministry of Health should he/she test positive for COVID-19 while in Singapore or in the first 14 days after leaving Singapore.
1Mobile devices that are incompatible with the TraceTogether app include:
- Phones that do not have access to the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Huawei App Gallery
- Non-camera phones
- Phones with Android version 5.0 and below
- Phones with iOS version 9 and below
- Phones running on Blackberry OS or Symbian OS
- Phones with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system installed by employers that prevents downloads from the App Store, Google play store, or Huawei App Gallery.
Visitors, who are unable to download the TraceTogether app on their existing mobile device, can rent a compatible mobile device from Changi Recommends here before departing for Singapore.
Visitors, who can download the TraceTogether app but are unable to obtain an SMS One-Time Password (OTP) to register their profile on the app due to network restrictions, can book a Singapore SIM card from Changi Recommends here before departing for Singapore.
Visitors, who have rented a mobile device or booked a Singapore SIM card from Changi Recommends, must have an electronic or physical copy of their booking confirmation from Changi Recommends to present to the airline staff during check-in at the departure airport, in lieu of a mobile device with the TraceTogether app already downloaded and with their profiles registered on the app . Those who are unable to present a booking confirmation may be refused boarding by the airline.
Such visitors can collect their rental mobile device or Singapore SIM card at the Changi Recommends booth in Changi Airport prior to clearing arrival immigration. Upon collection, visitors are to activate the Singapore SIM card and immediately register their profile on the TraceTogether app with their Singapore mobile number and with the same identification number, nationality and date of birth as those shown in the passport that they are using to enter Singapore. At immigration clearance, visitors are to present their mobile device with the TraceTogether app already downloaded and with their profiles registered on the app. Those who are unable to do so may be denied entry into Singapore by ICA.